- A Journey to Wonderful
- Papal Visit on the spot stamps design contest held
- Globe launches biggest mobile recycling program in PH to create e-waste awareness
- Anne Curtis may pagnanasa kay Luis Manzano
- Palasyo nag-sorry sa mga proyekto ng DPWH
- 2 pulis, nagbarilan sa away-trapiko
- Handa ka na bang mag-asawa?
- Asia Communications Awards hails Globe Community as Best Customer Service Initiative
- Veterans Bank highlights growth in 2013 to stockholders
Binay claims ‘brod’ in bar exam blast innocent
THE Alpha Phi Omega (APO) fraternity, including its well-known members Vice Pres. Jejomar Binay and former Justice Sec. Silvestre Bello III, yesterday said they are “morally convinced” that their “frat brod” who was tagged in the grenade blast in front of De La Salle University last Sept. 26 is innocent.
It was Binay who was instrumental in the voluntary surrender yesterday of Anthony Nepomuceno, a former student of the Manuel L. Quezon University (MLQU).
The Vice President brought the suspect to the National Bureau of Investigation. Nepomuceno, who is now working as a call center agent, was tagged as the one behind the grenade blast during the traditional “salubong” in the last day of the bar examination for law students in front of DLSU.
The explosion left more than 40 people, mostly law students, injured.
According to the Department of Justice (DoJ), Nepomuceno is not under detention and that APO leaders assured that he will be presented anytime to clear his name.
Bello claimed that the suspect was not even within the vicinity of the blast site when the tragedy occurred. Bello said Nepomuceno is not a law graduate and not even a law student so he has no business to join the bar operations.
“Makikita mo naman iyong tao kung nagsisinungaling, hindi makakatingin ng diretso. So morally convinced ako na nagsasabi siya ng tutoo,” he said.
Bello said APO will provide legal assistance to Nepomuceno since “he is innocent.” Jing Villamente