NCR police to continue setting up checkpoints

THE National Capital Regional Police Office (NCRPO) yesterday said it will continue to set up checkpoints in the metropolis even after the total election gun ban had been lifted.

Police started to set up checkpoints in various parts of the country last Sept. 25, the start of the 45-day period for the barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan elections, which ended Wednesday.

NCRPO director Chief Supt. Nicanor Bartolome said the decision is part of security measures for the coming holiday season.

“We have seen that the security checkpoints are a good deterrent to criminal activities and in limiting their (criminal elements’) movement,” Bartolome said.

He said his office has been receiving good feedbacks since they started to set up checkpoints last September.

“We will continue to double up on security deployment, particularly on checkpoint operations in the entire Metro,” Bartolome said.

The NCRPO has arrested a total of 132 persons for violating the total election gun ban for the last elections and seized 57 various types of firearms, 56 bladed weapons and five explosives. Anthony Vargas


About Gwenn

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply