Xmas food treat downs 4 kids, 2 others in Cagayan

A HOLIDAY treat almost turned fatal for four children and two adults in Cagayan province who spent Christmas in a hospital after eating contaminated food.

Authorities said four members of the Ramos family Sandra, 14; Kyle, 9; Jasmin, 8; and Jimmy, 3 of Barangay Salamagi in Iguig were rushed to Cagayan Valley Medical Center in Tuguegarao City Friday night.

The two others, identified as Soledad Ramos, 54, and a visitor of the family, Jerry Regino, 33, of the same place were also treated in the same hospital.

All six fell ill an hour after eating pork adobo, boiled eggs, and sweetened jackfruit in an early holiday treat by the children’s aunt who came from Bulacan province.

The victims suffered abdominal pains, severe diarrhea, headache, weakness, and nausea.


About remate.tonight

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply