Gloomy Xmas: Tondo fire leaves 63 families homeless

CHRISTMAS turned gloomy for 63 families after a blaze gutted their homes at the fire-prone Baseco Compound in Tondo, Manila.

Authorities said the blaze, which destroyed P1 million worth of property, broke out at 6:20 a.m., Saturday and was put out at 7 a.m. after it reached the fourth alarm.

Government investigators are verifying reports that the fire was triggered by an unattended stove in the house of a certain “Boy Pipi,” which was occupied by one Teresa Santos at 676 Block 1, Extension Baseco Compound, Tondo.

The displaced families are now tempoparily housed at the office of the non-government World Mission Center in Baseco.

The Manila government said it had provided the families with basic necessities such as blankets, clothing, hygiene kits, and food.


About remate.tonight

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply