Number of casualties in Nazarene feast rises to 625

THE number of casualties in Sunday’s feast of the Black Nazarene has risen to 625, the Philippine Red Cross (PRC) said in its 12 midnight bulletin as the procession in Manila reached the Quiapo Church from Rizal Park.

Most of the barefoot devotees suffered feet injuries as they joined the Nazarene procession from Rizal Park to Quiapo, in Manila on Sunday, January 9. The PRC said it treated more than 260 people with lacerations in their feet.

Several others believed to have pre-existing hypertension problems had their blood pressure checked while other patients were treated for minor injuries such as difficulty of breathing, hypertension, sprain, dizziness, abdominal pain, headache, hyperacidity, and back pain.

Nine more devotees were rushed by PRC volunteers to the Ospital ng Maynila and another was confined at the Gat Andres Bonifacio Hospital due to minor injuries. Most of them had already been discharged. Remate.PH, Photos by Jess M. Escaros Jr., PNA


About remate.tonight

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply