23 priority bills hihimayin sa LEDAC
HIHIMAYIN na ni Pangulong Benigno Aquino III, kasama ang mga mambabatas ang 23 priority bills sa kauna-unahang Legislative-Executive Development Advisory Council (LEDAC) meeting, bukas, Pebrero 28.
Sinabi ni Deputy presidential spokeswoman Abigail Valte na handa na ang lahat para sa LEDAC meeting na nakatakdang simulan ng alas-10 ng umaga.
Nauna rito, 17 priority bills ang tiniyak ng Malakanyang na kanilang tatalakayin sa nasabing pulong.
Ang LEDAC meeting ay isinasagawa isang beses kada apat na buwan ng taon.
Nagsimula ang LEDAC noong 1992 na may regular members gaya ng Pangulo bilang chairman, Vice President, Senate President, House Speaker, pitong Cabinet members, tatlong senador , tatlong miyembro ng Kongreso at isang kinatawan ng mula sa local government, kabataan at private sector.
Layunin nito na tulungan ang Pangulo na pagsama-samahin ang legislative agenda sa national development plan.
Ang mga panukalang batas na tatalakayin sa pulong ay ang Electric Power Industry Reform Act, Anti Money Laundering Act, National Food Authority, water sector reform bill, at fiscal responsibility.
Habang ang 12 priority bills ay ang sumusunod:
1) An Act creating the Department of Housing and Urban Development (DHUD), defining the mandates, powers and functions, providing funds therefore, and for other purposes
2) An Act rationalizing the night work prohibition on women workers, thereby amending Articles 130 and 131 of Presidential Decree # 442 as amended, otherwise known as the Labor Code of the Philippines
3) An Act enhancing the curriculum and increasing the number of years for basic education, appropriating funds therefore and for other purposes
4) An Act providing a definite targeting strategy in identifying the poor, amending Republic Act no. 7875, otherwise known as The National Health Insurance Act of 1995 as amended, and for other purposes
II. Infrastructure Development
5) An Act further amending certain sections of republic act no. 6957, as amended by Republic Act No. 7718, Entitled “An Act authorizing the financing, construction, operation and maintenance of infrastructure projects by the private sector, and for other purposes,” appropriating Funds for the said purpose, and for other purposes
III. Economic Development
6) An Act rationalizing the grant and administration of fiscal incentives for the promotion of investments and growth, and for other purposes
IV. Sovereignty, Security and Rule of Law
7) An Act to establish the archipelagic sea lanes in the philippine archipelagic waters, prescribing the rights and obligations of foreign ships and aircrafts exercising the right of archipelagic sea lanes passage through the established archipelagic sea lanes and providing for the associated protective measures therein
8) An Act to define the maritime zones of the Republic of the Philippines
9) An Act to strengthen the modernization of the Armed Forces of The Philippines, extending the implementation of the modernization program of the AFP, instituting necessary reforms in the AFP, amending for the purpose certain provisions of Republic Act No. 7898, otherwise known as the AFP modernization act and for other purposes
10) An Act resetting the date of the regular elections for elective officials of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM), Synchronizing the ARMM Elections with the synchronized national and local elections 2013, amending for the purpose Republic Act No. 9333, Entitled “An Act Affixing the Date for Regular Elections for Elective Officials of the ARMM Pursuant to RA 9054″ Entitled “An Act to Strengthen and Expand the Organic Act for the ARMM, amending for the purpose RA 6734, Entitled An Act Providing for an Organic Act for the ARMM, as Amended,” and for other purposes
V. Good Governance
11) An Act instituting reforms in land administration
12) An Act to promote financial viability and fiscal discipline in Government-Owned or Controlled Corporations and to strengthen the role of the state in its governance and management to make them more responsive to the needs of public interest and for other purposes. Kris Jose