More than 12,000 take PCG admission test
A TOTAL of 12, 487 individuals recently took the admission test for Philippine Coast Guard (PCG), the highest ever recorded in the history of the country’s youngest uniformed service.
Buoyed by the high number of examinees, PCG Commandant, Admiral Wilfredo Tamayo, said that the coast guard is now fast becoming another career choice for young people who want to serve the public.
The examinees took their admission test administred in the 10 PCG districts scattered in different parts of the country last January 31. Anthony Vargas
The breakdown of examinees:
1) NCR-CL CGOC: MALE-550, FEMALE-24; ENLISTMENT: MALE-1,963, FEMALE- 618; DISQUALIFIED: M-49, F-26; Total:-3,449
2) CGDNLZ- CGOC: M-49, F-33; ENLISTMENT: M – 282, F- 64; Total: 428
3) CGDSTL – CGOC: M-28, F-12, ENLISTMENT: M-371, F-93; Total -504
4) CGDPAL- CGOC: M-121, F-49; ENLISTMENT: 600; Total:770.
5) CGDWV – CGOC: M-196, F-118; ENLISTMENT: M-1,052, F-256; Total: 1,622
6) CGDCEV- CGOC: 195; ENLISTMENT:498; Total: 693
7) CGDNM: CGOC: M-81, F-42; ENLISTMENT: M-543, F-129; Total: 795
8) CGDSEM:M-42, F-26; ENLISTMENT: M-478, F-108; Total: 654
9) CGDSWM: CGOC: M-98, F-77; ENLISTMENT: M-1,616, F-566; Total: 2,357
10) CGDBCL- CGOC: 165; ENLISTMENT:1,050; Total: 1,215