CIDG nabs 1 Filipina, 3 Korean mafiosos

THREE Koreans and a Filipina, believed to be members of a Korean mafia operating in the country, were arrested by police operatives in two seperate operations in Tiaong, Quezon and Pasig City Thursday, a police official said Friday.

Criminal Investigation Detection Group (CIDG) director, Chief Supt. Samuel Pagdilao, Jr. arrested by CIDG-National Capital Region (NCR) were identified as Kang Sang Chan, 52, Chun De Wong, 26, Lee Woo Ram and the Filipino national, Germinida Santos, said to be the common-law-wife of Kang; the said were arrested for kidnapping a businessman in Cavite.

The CIDG director identified the abduction victim as Kim Kyung Soo, 49, a businessman who engaged in farming and hog raising, and is residing at Medicion Villas, Unit 1, Barangay Medicion 2-C, Imus, Cavite.

CIDG-NCR chief, Senior Supt. Joel Napoleon Coronel, said that all the suspects were arrested by virtue of search warrants for kidnapping-for-ransom issued by Judge Cesar Mangrobang of Regional Trial Court Branch 22, in Imus.

Kang, Chun and Santos were arrested after CIDG operatives raided the Neogen Farm in Barangay Cabatang in Tiaong, Quezon, which was used by the suspects as their safehouse and where the victim was held for seven days. Lee was arrested in a follow-up operation on Metrowalk, Pasig City.

Coronel said that the CIDG-NCR are still hot on the trail for three other members of the mafia who are involved in the said kidnapping.

He also said that prior to the arrests of the suspects, the victim appeared to the CIDG-NCR office to report that he was a victim of a kidnapping-for-ransom perpetrated by members of a Korean mafia.

Soo told authorities that he was abducted by five members of the mafia last May 4 in front of Riverside Coffee Shop, along Covelandia Road, Barangay Balsahan, Kawit, Cavite, where he was invited for a meeting by Kang and a certain Oh Won Sok.

Soo told CIDG-NCR investigators that the suspects immediately hogtied and blindfolded him. Afterwards, the suspects brought him to the Neogen farm owned by Chun.

During captivity, Soo told investigators that the suspects mauled and physically abused him with Lee pointing a gun in his head and asking him if he would like to die instead of taking drugs.

Through torture, threat and intimidation, the suspects ordered Soo to transfer 50,000 Won (P2 million) from his bank account in Korea to the bank account of Chun in the Philippines.

Soo later found out that his money from Korea was withdrawn by the mafia on May 9, 2011 in Korean Hana Bank in Malate, Manila.

After settling the ransom, the suspects released the victim around 11:00 p.m. in a bus terminal in Baclaran, Parañaque City on May 10, 2011. Soo then sought the help of the CIDG-NCR after his release.

Around 6:30 a.m. yesterday, armed with six search warrants, the CIDG-NCR, joined by local police, raided the Neogen farm where Chang, Dee Wong and Santos were arrested.

Recovered from the suspects were one pineapple type live hand grenade, one caliber .45 pistol, one 9mm pistol, rounds of ammunitions and the OR/CR of the victim’s Avanza.

About admin

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply