David Letterman’s Pinoy sense of humor
THE reprinted Pinoy jokes here comes from a good friend of mine from Sydney, Australia, Mars Cavestany, Jr. who earlier have been barred from entering the country had he not fought his way into the stupidity of the Bureau of Immigration’s hold order by calling the attention of the local media. He was featured in Jessica Soho’s show and before we knew it Cavestany caught the attention of the world press and the Internet as well. The human rights groups were enraged at what could have been a violation of his human rights to travel on the flimsy basis of his HIV situation of which he is a staunch advocate here and in Sydney.
Cavestany who is a multi-media artist and I must say a renaissance man as well, sees a wallop of humor in David Letterman’s version of the generic Pinoy jokes on his TV show. Before this spreads like a virus the world over let’s read it first here in Remate Online, as follows:
“Filipinos are certainly getting into mainstream America and into the world. With an estimated 4 million Filipino-American population (as of 2007), Filipinos are an emerging group in a diverse society in the United States.
Filipino talents like Manny Pacquiao, Charice Pempengco, Arnel Pineda, Lea Salonga, and Monique Lhuiller are doing a great job pitching in!”
David Letterman, apparently used Filipino-Americans in one of his skits.
Here’s the recap:
Top 10 Reasons Why There Couldn’t Be a Filipino-American US President
By: David Letterman
10. The White House is not big enough for in-laws and extended relatives.
9. There are not enough parking spaces at the White House for 2 Honda Civics, 2 Toyota Land Cruisers, 3 Toyota Corollas, a Mercedes Benz, a BMW , and an MPV (My Pinoy Van).
8. Dignitaries generally are intimidated by eating with their fingers at State dinners.
7. There are too many dining rooms in the White House– where will they put the picture of the Last Supper?
6. The White House walls are not big enough to hold a pair of giant wooden spoon and fork.
5. Secret Service staff won’t respond to “psst… psst” or “hoy, hoyhoy!”
4. Secret Service staff will not be comfortable driving the presidential car with a Holy Rosary hanging on the rear view mirror, or the statue of the Santo Niño on the dashboard.
3. No budget allocation to purchase a Karaoke music-machine for every room in the White House.
2. State dinners do not allow “Take Home.”
And the No. 1 reason why there couldn’t be a Filipino-American US President is
1. Air Force One does not allow overweight Balikbayan boxes!