1 of 3 kidnapped South Koreans freed
ONE of three South Korean nationals abducted by unidentified gunmen last month in Cagayan de Oro was freed late Thursday night (November 24).
Camp Crame reports said that the victim, Choi Inn So, was freed by his captors at around 11: 35 p.m. at the boundaries of Deguyan and Madamba towns in Lanao del Sur.
PNP spokesman, Chief Supt. Agrimero Cruz Jr., said the victim was released by his captors following intense operations of the police and military for the three kidnapped South Koreans.
The freed South Korean is now in the custody of authorities in Lanao del Sur for debriefing and to be flown to Manila anytime soon, the police official said.
The PNP spokesman added that rescue operations are still being pressed by the police and military for the two other South Korean kidnap victims.
Choi along with two compatriots were abducted last October 17 by unidentified gunmen after coming out from a hotel in Cagayan de Oro.
The three South Koreans are said to be mining engineers making inspections of several mining sites in Northern Mindanao. Anthony Vargas