Troops scours for kidnapped Koreans in Northern Mindanao
MANILA, Philippines – government security forces are now in hot pursuit of a group of suspected Moro gunmen that have abducted three Korean nationals while inspecting some mining sites in Northern Mindanao last month.
The three abducted Koreans by still unknown group of gunmen were identified as Seok Wu, Kim Kim Nam Doo and a certain Choi, according to reports reaching the PNP operations center in Camp Crame.
PNP spokesman, Chief Supt. Agrimero Cruz Jr., said that the Joint Task Force Ranao are validating reports that the three abducted Koreans were brought by their captors somewhere in Lanao del Sur.
“Accordingly, the kidnappers have made contacts using the victims’ cellphone,” Cruz said without eleborating.
The reports said that three Koreans, together with a local as guide and driver, were last seen leaving their hotel in Cagayan de Oro City on October 21, but have failed to return back ever since.
The PNP spokesman said that they have received information that the three Koreans were brought or invited to Lala Maranding town in Lanao Del Norte. (