Two more Koreans freed by their captors in Mindanao
MANILA, Philippines – All three South Koreans abducted by armed men in Mindanao last month have been freed by their captors over the weekend with only three Filipino associates are still missing, police reports said Sunday.
Reports reaching the PNP operations center in Camp Crame said that Kim Nam Dou, 48 and Wu Seok Dung, 60, were left behind by their abductors at Brgy. Kalimudan in Salvador town Lanao de Sur.
Their release came two days after their compatriot, Choi Inn So, 53, was freed by their abductors in Brgy. Degayunan in Madamba town also in Lanao del Sur.
Still missing are the Korean three Filipino associate identified as Junie Ogie from Misamis Oriental, Nestor Mondejar from Surigao del Sur and one unidentified engineer from Maguindanao, the reports said.
The Koreans and their Filipino associates were seized by a group of unidentified gunmen last October 21 after the group left the Miami Hotel in Cagayan De Oro City for to scout for some prospective mining sites.
The Koreans were freed by their captors due to pressure from rescue operations mounted by the military and police for the abducted Koreans, the reports said.
The reports said that Kim and Wu were immediately brought to the Lanao del Norte Provincial Hospital in Baroy town for medical examination.