AFP: Landslide death toll in Pantukan now at 36

MANILA, Philippines – Death toll from the landslide incident in Pantukan, Compostela Valley last week rose to 36 on Monday, military reports said as search and rescue operations continued for the fifth day.

The death toll went up after search and rescue teams were able to recover four more bodies on Monday in the landslide hit area, according to military reports in Camp Aguinaldo.

Eastern Mindanao Command (Eastmincom) spokesman, Colonel Leopoldo Galon, identified two of the four recovered bodies as that of Garnardo Ofton and Paquito Piayo.

The reports said that total death count from the landslide incident now stood at 36 with still 40 others missing and 16 survivors have been rescued.


About Thor

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply