Comelec satisfied on PNP security plan for 2013 polls
THE Commission on Elections (Comelec) expresses satisfaction over the security preparations made by the Philippine National Police (PNP) for next year’s mid-term local and national elections.
Comelec officials, led by its Chairman, Sixto Brillantes were briefed on Monday by PNP top brasses over a security plan laid down by the police to ensure very peaceful and orderly elections next year.
“I don’t anticipate situation like what happened in Maguindanao in 2009… with the leadership of the PNP, I’m now fully convinced that the outcome of 2013 [elections] will be better,” Brillantes said.
The PNP has already activated Task Force Secure and Fair Elections (SAFE) 2013 even as it had already identified 15 provinces across the country were violence are likely to happen in next year’s election.
The Comelec chairman also dispels reports that they are having some technical problems in their preparations for the elections, which will be the second time to be automated nationwide.
“We are still on track just to dispel rumors that we are having problems… we are on track for 2013 elections and in so far as preparations for the machines and all the peripherals and the services,” Brillantes said.
The Comelec chairman added that they will be coming out with a resolution on Tuesday that will details the total election gun ban while the election period will officially starts on January 13, 2013.