Classes suspended in Western Visayas ahead of Pablo’s onslaught

CLASSES in some provinces and cities in the Western Visayas region were suspended on Tuesday as police and local government authorities are bracing for the onslaught of Supertyphoon Pablo.

Western Visayas Police director, Chief Supt. Agrimero Cruz Jr., said that classes have been suspended Tuesday ahead of the arrival of Pablo, which have been wrecking havoc in Mindanao regions.

The police official said that the local governments of Iloilo, Capiz, Guimaras and Negros Occidental have declared a suspension of classes both in primary and secondary school levels.

The police official said that Negros Occidental Governor Alfredo Marañon Jr., called for suspension of classes in Bacolod City while Capiz Governor Victor Tanco called the same in his province.

Cruz added that similar announces were also made by local officials of Iloilo City and Guimaras while no untoward incident due to Supertyphoon Pablo have been reported so far in the region.

loading...

About Gwenn

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply