Military and police have both cancelled X’mas party for typhoon victims

arnulfo-marcelo-burgos-jr

THE military and police has both cancelled on Tuesday their respective Christmas parties in sympathy for victims of Typhoon Pablo that devastated several areas in Mindanao last week.

Military spokesman, Colonel Arnulfo Marcelo Burgos said the cancellation of their Christmas parties was in-line with palace directives of subdued Christmas celebration in light of devastation by Typhoon Pablo.

“The AGP is cancelling GHQ and HSC Christmas parties and this is in solidarity with the victims, their families and troops involved in the search and rescue relief operations in Mindanao,” Burgos said.

“In this way, our soldiers will celebrate Christmas in a way that is more relevant and sensitive to the needs of our people,” Burgos added.

Earlier, PNP chief, Director General Nicanor Bartolome also ordered the cancellation of Christmas parties of all police units and offices.

“There are many ways of celebrating this traditional event sans the extravagance and lavish preparations usually associated with Christmas parties,” Bartolome said.

loading...

About Gwenn

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply