Pablo’s death now over 500 – NDRRMC

DEATH toll from Typhoon Pablo breaches the 500 mark on Sunday as the typhoon threatens Northern Luzon after battering Southern Philippines with strong winds and heavy rains last week.

Latest data released Sunday by the National Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (Ndrrmc) said typhoon fatalities rose to 540 on Sunday with 1,088 persons injured and 827 still remain missing.

The NDRRMC said that Davao Region still accounts for the most number of typhoon deaths with more than 420 followed by Caraga and Northern Mindanao region with 14 each; 8 dead in Central Visayas; Region 12 has 4.

While three deaths were recorded in the Eastern Visayas region, two deaths in Mimaropa and one each in Western Visayas and Western Mindanao regions, the NDRRMC  said in its reports.

Typhoon Pablo has so far affected a total of 1.096 million families or about 5.4 million persons in about 2, 289 villages from nine regions, the NDRRMC said in its reports.

loading...

About Gwenn

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply