Typhoon Pablo death toll rose to more than 400 – NDRRMC
DEATH toll from Typhoon Pablo breaches the 400 mark on Friday with still a hundred more remain missing and subject of on-going search and rescue operations by government troops.
Latest update released by the National Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (NDRRMC) Friday placed the total number of typhoon fatalities to 418 with 445 injured and 338 persons still missing.
The reports said that Davao region has the most number of typhoon fatalities with 383 bulk of which came from the Campostela Valley province with 251 while Davao Oriental has 132 deaths.
Northern Mindanao and Caraga regions have each listed 11 typhoon fatalities; seven deaths were recorded in Central Visayas; two in Eastern Visayas and Mimaropa regions and one each in Western Visayas and Western Mindanao, the reports said.
The reports said that Typhoon Pablo, who is now moving away from the country, has so far affected a total of 1.033 million families or about 5.141 million persons in 1,862 villages from seven regions.