Typhoon Pablo left P14 billion in damage to Mindanao – NDRRMC
DAMAGE to agriculture and infrastructure left by Typhoon Pablo that ravages eastern part of Mindanao last week have already reached to P14 billion, government reports said Thursday.
Reports by the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said that the agriculture sector sustain the heaviest damage with P9.5 billion worth of agricultural products destroyed.
The NDRRMC reports said that Typhoon Pablo has also destroyed P4.47 billion worth of infrastructure in Mindanao while damage cost to private properties was placed at P48.6 million.
The reports added that 50 towns, cities and provinces in five regions, mostly in Mindanao are still under a state of calamity.
Typhoon casualties still remain high with 740 dead, 1,947 injured, 890 missing and 135 rescued, the reports said.
Majority of the missing persons were fishermen and subject of search and rescue operations by navy and coast guard, the reports added.