Typhoon Pablo’s death toll still climbing – NDRRMC
THE number of casualties brought by Typhoon Pablo still continues to climb on Saturday as the strongest weather disturbance to hit the country this year slowly moves away, government disaster reports said.
The National Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (NDRRMC) in it latest updated has placed the number of persons killed by the typhoon to 456 with 445 injured and 533 persons still remain missing.
The Ndrrmc said in its reports that Davao region accounted for the most number of typhoon deaths with 416 recorded and 282 of them came from Campostela Valley and 179 from Davao Oriental.
Northern Mindanao and Caraga regions have each listed 11 typhoon fatalities; seven deaths were recorded in Central Visayas; two in Eastern Visayas and Mimaropa regions and one each in Western Visayas and Western Mindanao, the reports said.
Typhoon Pablo has so far affected a total of 1.077 million families or about 5.371 million persons in about 2, 178 villages from eight regions, the Ndrrmc said in its reports.