12 injured in gas explosion in Sta. Mesa

emergency

AT least twelve persons were reportedly wounded following a gas explosion late Wednesday evening in downtown Manila area traced to an unattended gas stove, police reports said Thursday.

Reports at the National Capital Regional Police (Ncrpo) operations center said that the incident occurred at around 7pm in a small residential building with at Manga Extn., Valenzuela, Sta. Mesa, Manila.

The reports said that the explosion occurred at a room rented by a certain Allan Cimatu, 37, a factory worker, who reportedly left a gas stove open in an unventilated kitchen at the third floor of the building.

With no ventilation, the gas exploded causing damages up to the third floor of the building wounding 12 persons with 8 of them brought to Sta. Ana Hospital and four at Unciano hospital for treatment, reports said.

The reports added that police explosives ordnance team (EOD) quickly ruled out an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) were the cause of the explosion.

loading...

About accounting

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply