Group urges to junk Cybercrime Law anew
Thttp://www.remate.ph/wp-admin/media-upload.php?post_id=215818&TB_iframe=1HE youth group Anakbayan reiterated its call to junk the Cybercrime Law during the oral deliberations of the same.
“The Aquino administration is not showing signs that it’s willing to junk the law, because it is already desperate to quash its critics and save the illusion that there is nothing wrong with the status quo where the few rule,” Anakbayan National Chairperson Vencer Crisostomo said.
The Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012 will take effect on February 6 after the 120-day stay order expires.
“The Cybercrime Law was crafted by a political dynast Angara, signed by another which is Aquino, and supported by Akbayan which does not fight for genuine change but the retention of their positions,” he said.
“It is but a mechanism to eliminate all opposition to landlordism in the countryside, evident in the large hacienda his family owns, to foreign large-scale mining and logging, to US intervention exposed in the Tubbataha incident and to human rights violations Aquino has kept silent about and outrightly denies,” Crisostomo said.
The oral deliberations were postponed from January 22 until today and will contest the Solicitor General’s stand. The Palace has been firm in urging Supreme Court to lift the TRO on the Cybercrime Law since last year.
“If it will not yet abolish the law, the least the SC could do for the repressed Filipino people is further extend the TRO, listen to the people and not to Palace requests,” he said.
“If you expose them, you’re a criminal? This government must be forgetting what our laws are made for and have used these to violate the very rights that constitute a democracy,” he said.