Senate allocates P428.5M for MOOE of 35 oversight committees
SENATE Minority Leader Alan Peter Cayetano revealed that the Senate has allocated the amount of P428,533,000 for Maintenance and Other Operations Expenses (MOOE) of 35 joint, congressional oversight committees and a commission under Locally Funded Projects.
Based on the documents distributed by Cayetano to media, Senators Gregorio Honasan, Panfilo Lacson and Miriam Defensor-Santiago have the most number of oversight committee with three each.
While Senators Edgardo Angara, Alan Peter Cayetano, Francis Escudero, Jinggoy Estrada, Lito Lapid, Loren Legarda, Ferdinand Marcos Jr., Serge Osmena, Ralph Recto and Manny Villar have two committees each and 8 others have one committee each.
Only Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile, Majority Leader Vicente Sotto III, the chairman of the Senate committee on rules, and Sen. Joker Arroyo has no oversight committee.
Congressional Oversight committee refers to oversight by the Philippine Congress of the Executive Branch including numerous agencies and instrumentalities of the government which review, monitors and supervises of government agencies, programs, activities and policy implementation.
Here are the following committees with their 2013 budget:
Joint/Congressional Oversight Committee and Commission
1. Agricultural and Fisheries Modernization, P29.5M, Sen. Francis Pangilinan
2. Labor and Employment, P17.5M, Sen. Jinggoy Estrada
3. Power Commission, P18.252M, Sen. Serge Osmena
4. E-Commerce, P6M, Sen. Alan Peter Cayetano
5. RP-US Visiting Forces Agreement, P18.645M, Senators Loren Legarda and Panfilo Lacson
6. Ecological Solid Waste Management, P10M, Sen. Francis Escudero
7. Clean Air Act, P10M, Sen. Francis Escudero
8. Comprehensive Tax Reform Program, P10M, Sen. Ralph Recto
9. Absentee Voting Act, P9.6M, Sen. Miriam Defensor-Santiago
10. Anti-Money Laundering, P11.1M, Sen. Teofisto Guingona III
11. Dangerous Drugs Act, P10M, Sen. Gregorio Honasan
12. Philippine Clean Water Act, P10M, Sen. Pia Cayetano
13. Bio-Fuels Act, P2.5M, Sen. Serge Osmena
14. Official Development Assistance Act, P10.5M, Sen. Ralph Recto
15. Commission on Science and Technology, P27M, Sen. Edgardo Angara
16. Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines, P15M, Sen. Ramon Revilla Jr.,
17. Preparatory Activities/Study for Building Construction, Sen. Miriam Defensor-Santiago
18. Quality Affordable Medicines, P10M, Sen. Manny Villar
19. Cooperatives, P9M, Sen. Lito Lapid
20. Automated Election System, P7.1M, Sen, Miriam Defensor-Santiago
21. Climate Change, P5.2M, Sen. Loren Legarda
22. Human Security Act, P10M, Sen. Gregorio Honasan
23. Economic Affairs, P7.3M, Sen. Manny Villar
24. Agrarian Reform, P10M, Sen. Gregorio Honasan
25. Public Expenditures, P8.234, Sen. Franklin Drilon
26. Overseas Workers Act, P13.680M, Sen. Jinggoy Estrada
27. Intelligence Fund, P9.8M, Sen. Panfilo Lacson
28. Philippine Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Act,
P10M, Sen. Panfilo Lacson
29. Tourism, P10M, Sen. Lito Lapid
30. Special Purpose Vehicle Act, P7M, Sen. Ferdinand Marcos Jr.
31. Government Procurement, P15M, Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV
32. Local Government Code, P10M, Sen. Ferdinand Marcos Jr.
33. Suffrage, P15M, Sen. Aquilino Pimentel III
34. Bases Conversion, P10M, Sen. Alan Peter Cayetano
35. 5th Global Conference of the Global Parliamentarians Against
Corruption, P15M, Sen. Edgardo Angara