- A Journey to Wonderful
- Papal Visit on the spot stamps design contest held
- Globe launches biggest mobile recycling program in PH to create e-waste awareness
- Anne Curtis may pagnanasa kay Luis Manzano
- Palasyo nag-sorry sa mga proyekto ng DPWH
- 2 pulis, nagbarilan sa away-trapiko
- Handa ka na bang mag-asawa?
- Asia Communications Awards hails Globe Community as Best Customer Service Initiative
- Veterans Bank highlights growth in 2013 to stockholders
5 arrested as police raids illegal firearms factory in Cabanatuan
FIVE workers were arrested and a cache of firearms were siezed lateThursday afternoon after police operatives raided a residential house in Cabanatuan City that was converted ‘illegally’ into a firearms factory, police reports said Friday.
Reports at the PNP national operations center in Camp Crame said joint police operatives swooped down late Thursday afternoon on a house owned by a certain Jocelyn San Juan in Brgy. Mayapyap Norte in Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija.
PNP spokesman, Chief Supt. Generoso Cerbo Jr., said that the raid by police regional intelligence unit-3 and Nueva Ecija provincial police office was conducted based on a search warrant issued by Judge Ramon Pamular of Regional Trial Court in Guimba, Nueva Ecija.
The police spokesman said the raid resulted to the arrest of five workers, who were all are alleged residents of Carmen, Cebu, and seized a cache of firearms and equipments used in the manufacture of firearms.
The seized cache of firearms consist of nine caliber 38 ‘paltik’ revolvers; five caliber 22 pistols; one 45 caliber pistol, one 9mm pistol, two rifle grenades, six mortar ammo and ammunition for caliber 22, 38 and 45 firearms.
The PNP spokesman said that police operatives also seized a equipment used in making firearms.