- 48,000 runners eyed in PhilHealth’s Anniversary Run
- Urban Generation: ‘Best buys’ for trendy outfits
- A Journey to Wonderful
- Papal Visit on the spot stamps design contest held
- Globe launches biggest mobile recycling program in PH to create e-waste awareness
- Anne Curtis may pagnanasa kay Luis Manzano
- Palasyo nag-sorry sa mga proyekto ng DPWH
- 2 pulis, nagbarilan sa away-trapiko
- Handa ka na bang mag-asawa?
- Asia Communications Awards hails Globe Community as Best Customer Service Initiative
Indag-an, Miag-ao, Iloilo residents shocked with a blast on Friday
According to reports reaching the PNP National Headquarters, an explosion occurred at the National Grid Corporation of the Philippines (formerly TRANSCO) power line steel tower located in Barangay Indag-an, Miag-ao, Iloilo on May 10, 2013 at about 11:30 in the evening.
Investigation conducted by the elements of Miag-ao Municipal Police Station disclosed that the explosion resulted to the damage on the cemented portion of one of the posts.
The steel tower is not yet operational and is known to be waiting for the power to be generated by the mini-Hydro Power Plant in Bugasong, Antique.
EOD of the Philippine Army and SOCO of the PNP Regional Crime Laboratory Office conducted post blast investigation and found out that an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) was used by the suspects.
Barangay Indag-an is 3.5 kilometers away from the town proper of Miag-ao and Miag-ao is 40 kilometers away south of Iloilo City.
Sightings of suspected CNN are sometimes monitored in the area.