Parents against jabs minors find an ally in VP Duterte

Parents against jabs minors find an ally in VP Duterte

July 28, 2022 @ 5:28 PM 2 weeks ago


PARENTS who’ve pending petition before a Quezon City Regional Trial Court against the COVID-19 vaccination especially for minors ages 5- to 11-years-old, found an ally in Vice President and Department of Education Secretary Sara Duterte-Carpio.

Atty. Persida Rueda-Acosta, Public Attorney’s Office (PAO) chief, said the parents temporarily breathed a sigh of relief with the earlier announcement of Duterte-Carpio allowing unvaccinated students to co-mingle with vaccinated students when face-to-face classes resume by November 2.

However, it remains vital that the petition filed by several parents led by broadcast journalist Dominic Almelor and Girlie Samonte must be favorably decided by the QC court in order to totally stop the mass vaccination for the children which they described as unconstitutional.

“A favorable court decision is needed so that this experimental Covid-19 vaccination especially for our innocent children must be halted and that’s very clear under Republic Act. 11525 or the Covid-19 Vaccination Program,” said Acosta.

The PAO chief commended the swift action of the Vice President, a lawyer and being the concurrent DepEd chief, saying the latter was only right as she based her statement on what the law, R.A. 11525, dictates.

“Her statement is in accordance with R.A. 11525 which mandates that vaccination is not mandatory and which is the opposite of what the Department of Health  and the previous DepEd leadership had been pushing,” explained the PAO chief.

Earlier, the VP said that students returning to school when face-to-face classes resume do not need to be vaccinated as she ordered that there were no preconditions set on the students’ return to the traditional mode of learning.

The daughter of former President Rodrigo Duterte said there should be no segregation and discrimination for the unvaccinated learners because vaccination is not mandatory.

PAO has earlier sought the support of President Ferdinand ‘Bongbong’ Marcos Jr. on the law (R.A 11525) which did not authorize forced experimental vaccination for children especially those ages 5-11 years-old.

Acosta sent a letter to the Chief Executive dated July 6, 2022 informing him about the petition filed by several parents before QCRTC seeking for a temporary restraining order and writ of preliminary injunction.